About this time last year, we kicked off our fundraising campaign for a desperately needed new library building. In just one year, we’ve already raised over $1,000,000, an astonishing fundraising feat that we are incredibly thankful for.
But the work is not over! We still need to raise another $1,500,000 to build the 10,000-square-foot building that would allow us the space we need for our collection and programming needs.
Last year, we were able to raise $20,000 for the campaign in honor of Library Giving Day, and we’re hoping to do the same thing–or even better–for Library Giving Day (April 6) this year. In fact, we’re stretching it out to be a Library Giving Week, April 3 to 10. 🙂
We appreciate donations at all time, but a donation during Library Giving Week to help us reach $20,000 that week would be greatly appreciated. No donation is too big or too small! It all adds up to a new library that will be enjoyed by all for generations to come. You can either donate online or drop a check off at the library at 104 Spring Street.
Interested in how you can help the library year-round in meeting its goal of building a new facility in 2025?
- Donate to the capital campaign at any time! We have a range of giving levels and donations can be made as pledges and paid out over several years.
- Join the Friends! This is a great way to stay updated on the building project and to show support for it. As we move forward with pursuing institutional donors and grants, it is vital that we show community support for the new library and having a thriving Friends group is one of the best ways we can do this. The number of members the Friends have is a key metric for this. You can do so for as little as $10 a year.
- Volunteer with the Friends! The Friends host a range of fundraisers each year and also have committees that you can volunteer for. There are so many different ways you can help the Friends, from working events to baking to event planning and more.
- Like and share our posts on social media. (In addition to our library Facebook and Instagram pages, we also have a Facebook group and Instagram page for the Friends.) The more people we have liking and sharing our posts, especially ones about the new library, the more we can spread the word!
- Sponsor matching challenges. We started doing matching challenges in 2020, and they have been hugely successful. We’ve raised over $75,000 through matching challenges alone. Our successful matching challenges in the past have involved matching reading hours, matching viewing hours, and matching dollars.
Thanks so much to all of you for all your support! Happy Library Giving Day!